Saturday, April 22, 2017

In support of the #MarchForScience

Hello, faithful followers and members of the resistance. To those of you who are marching, I wish I could be with you, but I happen to have a cheerleading competition today and I can't support my team by retweeting. But, in these troubled times, here is one thing I want you to keep in mind. 

 You are not alone.

Don't think of this resistance as scientists vs. the rest of the world. It's not. It's more like scientists, hunters, fishermen, gardeners, and anybody else who likes the environment, animals, and truth vs. the current administration. You as scientists may not like things like the hunting and fishing community, but we must ally ourselves with them. They provide a voice for nature that the Republicans will listen to. But, don't think of the situation as hopeless either. Companies like Exxon-Mobil and many others are working on becoming more environmentally friendly, and regardless of what Trump does, they will continue their work on becoming a sustainable, moderns solution. I can't tell you everything is going to be okay. I wish I could, but I can't. Not in voice, or in this blog, or anywhere. But I can tell you that there is still hope and you are supported. Anyway, have a good day and continue resisting, marching, studying, and being awesome.

-Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment