Thursday, January 21, 2016

Entomology Field Trip:Parody of "Tick Tock" by Ke$ha

Goin' to the park, hey, cool! I found this bug
(Hmm, what is it?)
I'm pullin' out the smartphone, got my field guide on.
(Okay)
I think I've got some idea 'bout what this is
It's probably a darkling beetle, this app says

I'm talking larvae that look like worms, worms
To move around it squirms, squirms
Eats lots of plants and herbs, herbs
Often found infesting grain, grain
It's got a really small brain
Has to go and hide in the rain.

Hey, look what I found
Just a-crawling on the ground
Being driven insane
'Til we find its Latin name
Now it's under a rock
But the study don't stop, no oh oh oh oh
oh oh oh oh

Hey, look what I found
Just a-crawling on the ground
Being driven insane
'Til we find its Latin name
Now it's under a rock
But the study don't stop, no oh oh oh oh
oh oh oh oh

The flies, they just flit around the garbage can
Just looking for some food to feed their mouthparts and
They're seeing through their compound eyes like lots of mirrors
But when it comes to finding them, it couldn't be clearer!

I'm talking puttin' out a piece of fruit, fruit
They go to it on their route, route
They're buzzing, 'cause they just aren't mute, mute

Now, now, we study 'em till we find out
About their favorite kind of sprout, sprout
Their favorite kind of sprout, sprout
Favorite kind of sprout


Hey, look what I found
Just a-crawling on the ground
Being driven insane
'Til we find its Latin name
Now it's under a rock
But the study don't stop, no oh oh oh oh
oh oh oh oh

Hey, look what I found
Just a-crawling on the ground
Being driven insane
'Til we find its Latin name
Now it's under a rock
But the study don't stop, no oh oh oh oh
oh oh oh oh



Hey, look, what is this thing?
Well, does it sing?
I think it might
be invasive

Straight from Japan
it eats our plants
It came in
shipments right to us

Hey, look, what is this thing?
Well, does it sing?
I think it might
be invasive

Straight from Japan
it eats our plants.
It eats our plants!

Gotta tell all my folks we got a new foreign threat


Hey, look what I found
Just a-crawling on the ground
Being driven insane
'Til we find its Latin name
Now it's under a rock
But the study don't stop, no oh oh oh oh
oh oh oh oh

Hey, look what I found
Just a-crawling on the ground
Being driven insane
'Til we find its Latin name
Now it's under a rock
But the study don't stop, no oh oh oh oh
oh oh oh oh

No comments:

Post a Comment